Did you know there is an estimated $10 Billion in pocket change at any time in the U.S.?
What is World of Change?
For the Student Voice club’s first project, we are partnering with a nonprofit from Maine called World of Change. This campaign is about four things: philanthropy, community, choice, and change.
The concept is simple: Putting our loose change to good use.
How does it work?
1) On Monday 10/22/18, all classes will join in a “kick-off” assembly with the Founder of WOC and the members of Student Voice. The campaign will run for two weeks (10/22/18-11/2/18).
2) Each Greenfield classroom will receive 6 jars. Each jar represents a different category:
3) Every Greenfield student and staff member will receive a coin pouch to take home and collect loose change from home.
4) Back in school, they can choose which jar(s) they want to support with their donations.
5) During the campaign, Student Voice will visit each classroom to share information on local and national charities from each category and the work they do.
6) All students will have a vote on which charities they would like to support. The winners for each category will then receive 100% of the proceeds from their respective jars.
For more information, please visit www.worldofchange.world
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”