Supporting the School | Engaging the Community
Greenfield’s Home & School Association was formed to support the school and to engage parents, guardian, faculty and staff. Each month we hold meetings the 1st Friday from 7:45 – 9:00 a.m. in the library. Parents/guardians are welcome to attend. (Children are welcome too!)
How the HSA Supports Greenfield
The HSA is a robust and active group. Below are some of the ways the HSA has supported Greenfield.
2018-2019 GENERAL HSA MEETING MINUTES
Meet the HSA Board
This year’s HSA Board is excited for another great school year with the Greenfield community. Reach out! Share your ideas! Volunteer! We welcome your involvement. For every board member named here there are countless other active and involved parents lending a hand. PLEASE JOIN US!
- Enrichment programs
- Development and coordination of after-school activities
- Career Day
- Teacher stipends for classroom supplies
- Teacher grants for special projects and purchases
- Books, materials and assistance for the school library
- Support for student performances: Drama, Musicales, Piano Recital
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Organization of classroom representatives
- Lost and Found
- Nurse’s closet
- Kindergarten and Middle School open houses & orientations
- Weekly Newsletter – each Sunday a weekly newsletter is emailed to parents about important school news. To sign up to receive the newsletter, contact email@example.com
- Facebook page – we constantly post news and photos on our school Facebook page. Follow our page to stay connected. Click HERE to follow us.
- HSA website
- Class parent rep email blasts – some classrooms have assigned parent reps that communicate class news from teachers
The HSA organizes various fundraisers throughout the school year to support the school.
Below are a few of our signature fundraisers.
Auction and Spring Fair
Box Tops for Education
Dollar Dress Down Days
Kids Coupon Book
Middle School Pretzel Sales
Scholastic Book Fair
Uniform T-Shirt Sales
A key effort of Home & School is to engage our families throughout the year with some FUN events.
- Dads of Greenfield (DoGs) – offers monthly happy hours for the Greenfield men
- Greenfield Ladies and Moms(GLAMS) – offers monthly happy hours for the Greenfield ladies
- Family Fun Nights: Bingo, Movies and more
- Spring Fair
- Back to School Family Party
- Halloween Party
- Holiday Party
- Spring Fling for Middle School
- Providing hospitality to faculty and staff for school events
- 1998 PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT on the east side of the play yard and in the Kindergarten yard was purchased
- 2002-2003 Renovation of the SCHOOL LIBRARY (purchase of new furniture, bookshelves, etc.)
- 2005 Renovation of the CAFETERIA (purchase of new floors and renovations)
- 2008 Addition of a CLIMBER to the schoolyard’s playground equipment.
- 2008-2009 Purchase and installation of NEW BASKETBALL HOOP
- 2009-2013 GREENING OF GREENFIELD project (a five-phase initiative that transformed the school’s building and grounds)
- 2010-2011 Renovation of the GREENFIELD AUDITORIUM, AUDITORIUM LOBBY, IMPROVED BATHROOMS, PAINTED the gym, kitchen, halls, bathrooms, and many classrooms
- 2011-2012 Technology improvements in classrooms
- 2013-2014 Better lighting for the auditorium and stage
- 2014-2015 Laptops for Learning
- 2015-2016 Gym Lighting and Enrichment Programming
- 2016-2017 Auditorium Sound System; new musical instruments; iPads for Art class