Supporting the School | Engaging the Community
Greenfield’s Home & School Association was formed to support the school and to engage parents, guardian, faculty and staff. Sign up for the newsletter to get the latest meeting schedule. Parents/guardians are welcome to attend. (Children are welcome too!)
Meet the HSA Board
This year’s HSA Board is excited for another great school year with the Greenfield community. Reach out! Share your ideas! Volunteer! We welcome your involvement. For every board member named here there are countless other active and involved parents lending a hand. PLEASE JOIN US!
How the HSA Supports Greenfield
The HSA is a robust and active group. Below are some of the ways the HSA has supported Greenfield.
- Enrichment programs
- Development and coordination of after-school activities
- Career Day
- Teacher stipends for classroom supplies
- Teacher grants for special projects and purchases
- Books, materials and assistance for the school library
- Support for student performances: Drama, Musicales, Piano Recital
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Organization of classroom representatives
- Lost and Found
- Nurse’s closet
- Kindergarten and Middle School open houses & orientations
- Weekly Newsletter – each Sunday a weekly newsletter is emailed to parents about important school news. Click HERE to sign up to receive the newsletter!
- Facebook page – we constantly post news and photos on our school Facebook page. Follow our page to stay connected. Click HERE to follow us!
- Instagram – news, photos, and stories. Click HERE to follow us!
- HSA website
- Class parent rep email blasts – some classrooms have assigned parent reps that communicate class news from teachers
- Amazon Smile
- Annual Fund
- Box Tops for Education
- Dollar Dress Down Days
- Middle School Pretzel Sales
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Spring Fair
- Uniform T-Shirt Sales
- United Way
- Greenfield Grownups – happy hours and fun events for parents, guardians, and grownups of Greenfield
- Family Fun Nights
- Spring Fair
- Back to School Family Party
- Halloween Party
- Holiday Party
- Providing hospitality to faculty and staff for school events
- 2021-22 Bathrooms completely renovated (In progress! 1 of 4 floors complete)
- 2021 Playground turf artwork and basketball hoop repainting
- 2021 Eleven new Chrome Carts — EVERY classroom now has a chrome cart to support virtual learning!
- 2020 Playground renovation and new playground equipment installation (main and kindergarten playground)
- 2016-2017 Auditorium Sound System; new musical instruments; iPads for Art class
- 2015-2016 Gym Lighting and Enrichment Programming
- 2014-2015 Laptops for Learning
- 2013-2014 Better lighting for the auditorium and stage
- 2011-2012 Technology improvements in classrooms
- 2010-2011 Renovation of the GREENFIELD AUDITORIUM, AUDITORIUM LOBBY, IMPROVED BATHROOMS, PAINTED the gym, kitchen, halls, bathrooms, and many classrooms
- 2009-2013 GREENING OF GREENFIELD project (a five-phase initiative that transformed the school’s building and grounds)
- 2008-2009 Purchase and installation of NEW BASKETBALL HOOP
- 2008 Addition of a CLIMBER to the schoolyard’s playground equipment.
- 2005 Renovation of the CAFETERIA (purchase of new floors and renovations)
- 2002-2003 Renovation of the SCHOOL LIBRARY (purchase of new furniture, bookshelves, etc.)
- 1998 PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT on the east side of the play yard and in the Kindergarten yard was purchased